Are you in a relationship with someone who answers
YES to any five (5) of the following?
- Was abused as a child.
- Abuser's mother was abused.
- Displays violence against others and pets.
- Deals with anger in a violent way.
- Plays with guns and uses them to protect himself against others.
- Uses alcohol or drugs excessively.
- Displays unusual jealousy toward others.
- Expects intimate partner to spend all her free time with him.
- Displays an unusual amount of possessiveness.
- Becomes particularly angry when advice he gives is not taken.
- Appears to have a dual personality (very kind, then very cruel).
- Requires others to modify their behavior to placate him.
- Engages in abusive behaviors such as name calling and ridicule.
- Needs to control and isolate his partner.
- Believes in male supremacy and the stereotyped masculine role.
- Uses sex as an act of aggression.
- Has a short temper.
- Has rigid marriage expectations.
- Has a negative attitude toward women.
- Does not understand his feelings or handle them well.
You need help!