Diabetes Prevention Program
Not many have heard the word Prediabetes. This is the latest “preventive word” that the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (CDC) have used to draw people’s attention toward preventing diabetes. Staggering statistics must be shared with everybody to keep our people aware of the danger of diabetes.
- 1 out of 3 adults have what is known as Prediabetes.
- 9 out of 10 don’t even know they have Prediabetes.
- 86 million Americans have Prediabetes.
- 15% to 30% of Prediabetics will develop Type 2 diabetes within 5 years if no action is taken.
- $245 billion was spent on Diabetes in the US in 2012.